Cabbage Fritters! From Foraged Dish
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup cassava flour (Here is one brand) COULD ALSO USE REGULAR FLOUR OR CORNMEAL!
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1 bunch green onions, roots removed and remaining parts roughly chopped
- Dash salt
- 1/4 cup sesame seeds
- Coconut oil for cooking
- For the dipping sauce:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 tablespoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon Sriracha
- Place shredded cabbage in bowl and toss with chopped green onions, 2 tablespoons sesame seeds, dash of salt, and cassava flour. Once cabbage is coated, crack eggs into bowl and add sesame oil and soy sauce. Mix until everything is combined.
- Heat 1 tablespoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Once it sizzles, scoop the cabbage mixture into the skillet 1/4 cup at a time. Use a spatula to press the 1/4 cup pile down into a pancake shape and allow to cook for 5-10 minutes, until the cabbage begins to brown. Using the spatula, flip the fritter and cook on the second side for 5-10 more minutes, until browned. (I find I can do 3 fritters at once in my skillet to quicken the cooking process). Place cooked fritters on a plate and repeat until all of the cabbage mixture is used.
- Make the sauce: combine ingredients for sauce in a small sauce pan and bring to a simmer. Stir. After 5 minutes, remove from heat. Pour into small bowl.
- Serve fritters warm with sauce for dipping. Garnish with extra sesame seeds or Sriracha.