Rutabaga Hasselback (you can also mash them, roast them, and put them in soups.)
- Rutabaga washed with root ends sliced so they sit flat- you can select as many as you want for this recipe. One or two rutabagas per person is a good idea.
- Oil or butter
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F
- Slice rutabaga 3/4 of the way through, being careful not to go all the way through.
- Mince garlic and sprinkle into the slices of the rutabaga
- Drizzle the rutabagas with olive oil, being sure to coat the outside as well, and season with salt and pepper
- Place on baking sheet and bake for about 40 minutes until the rutabagas are tender and the the edges crispy.