Winter salad! How lucky are we, to enjoy local greens and roots in the winter. This is a nice, refreshing salad. Something I have learned! If you like mega lemon flavor, anytime you juice a lemon fresh, zest it! It is worth the tiny bit of extra work. So zesty and besty!
- 1 bunch of kale, pulled from stems and ripped into smaller pieces
- 1 box of head lettuce- chopped
- thinly slice carrots and watermelon radishes (mandolin or grated)
- Lemon (juice it and zest it!), oil, and salt for dressing (my go to!)
- Sunflower seeds (optional) You could also include any other seed, nut or dried fruit that you like
- Combine everything in a bowl and toss together!