A fall breakfast salad of kohlrabi and carrots and apples. One of my very favorites. I discovered it deep in the winter when all you do is crave something summer. But this recipe is so good, it stuck with me year round. I like to make a batch and have scoopful in the mornings. It is also great any time of day. And if I take a bite in the afternoon when I am hungry? Well you best know, there will be no breakfast salad the next morning- devoured.
Kohlrabi breakfast saladINGREDIENTS
- Olive oil or oil of choice
- 2 Apples
- 1 big Kohlrabi
- 8 big carrots
- salt, pepper to taste (you can add ginger, caraway seed, lemon juice, whatever floats your boat!)
- Peel the big kohlrabi. I don't peel anything else.
- Shred everything with a grater.
- Toss it together and let it sit if you can wait!