Refreshing and healthy Kohlrabi Slaw made with kohlrabi, cilantro, lime, jalapeño and a simple citrus vinaigrette.
- Author: Sylvia Fountaine | Feasting at Home Blog
- Prep Time: 25 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 4-6
- 6 cups kohlrabi -cut into matchsticks or grated in a food processor -about three x 4 inch bulbs (or you could substitute sliced fennel, apple, jicama, cucumber, or cabbage for part of the kohlrabi for more diversity)
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro ( one small bunch)
- half of a jalapeno -minced
- 1/4 cup chopped scallion
- orange zest from one orange, and juice
- lime zest from one lime, and juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice ( juice form one orange)
- 1/8 cup lime juice plus 1 T ( juice from one large lime), more to taste
- 1/4 cup honey ( or agave syrup)
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon rice wine vinegar
Trim and peel kohlrabi. ( I normally have to peel twice to get thru the thick skin). Cut off two ends. Cut in half from top to bottom. Thinly slice, rotate and slice again, making 1/4 inch matchsticks.
Place in a large bowl with chopped cilantro, scallions, finely chopped jalapeño ( 1/2), lime zest and orange zest.
Whisk dressing together in a small bowl. Toss with salad.
Refrigerate until serving. Garnish with zest and cilantro. This tastes good the next day too.