Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour 45 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours
Yield: 2 cups 1x
Category: Side dish
These slow-roasted cherry tomatoes are completely irresistible on salads, pizzas, eggs, toasts and more. Make this simple recipe with your surplus tomatoes! Recipe yields about 2 cups roasted tomatoes.
- 2 pints (4 cups) cherry or grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon fine salt
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. Line a large, rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper to prevent the tomatoes from sticking.
- Toss the tomatoes with the oil and salt on the parchment paper, then arrange the tomatoes so the cut sides are all facing up.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes to 2 ½ hours, until the tomatoes are shrunken and shriveled and not too wet or squishy. Exact timing will depend on their size and your preferences.
- Let the tomatoes cool, then use as desired. Leftover tomatoes will keep well in the refrigerator, covered, for 1 week or longer. Or, freeze them for up to 6 months.
Try scattering roasted cherry tomatoes on any of the following:
- Quesadillas and tacos
- Salads with greens, herbs or whole grains
- Toasts or crackers spread with cream cheese, goat cheese or mashed avocado
- Bell peppers, especially roasted
- Feta, goat cheese, mozzarella and Parmesan
- Olives and capers
- Zucchini and yellow squash