- 4 cloves garlic—two chopped and two minced
- Kosher salt
- 4 scallions, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon Asian sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon water
- 1 teaspoon coarse Korean hot red-pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- One 1 1/2-pound head Napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame seeds, toasted
Heat the oil in a wok or large skillet over high heat. Add the cabbage, season with a pinch of salt, and stir-fry, using tongs to stir, until the cabbage is just wilted, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and pour the dressing over the cabbage and toss gently to combine. Transfer to a serving dish and garnish with the toasted sesame seeds.
Make AheadThe sauce can be made 2 hours ahead and kept at room temperature.NotesKorean hot red-pepper flakes are available at Korean markets. Store any leftover flakes, tightly sealed, in the freezer.
Recipe from Food and Wine