- Very first week of Micro Greens! The first harvest has taught us a lot about yields and growth rates... also they're delicious.
- Hoop house 1 is weeded, tended and reseeded
- Seeding is well under the way in the greenhouse. We just finished the onion seeding (typically our largest seeding of the year) among others
- Prepping for more greenhouse upgrades
- Finally, FINALLY organized the office! With our first season starting so soon after we moved here last year, the office became... more disorganized than I'd prefer to admit to haha. Very nice to be back on track.
- Scallions got weeded in the field
- Broke the electric in the greenhouse and fixed it in the same week! An above average turnaround for us!
Helen, Jim, Exie the dog, and the Lake Divide Farm Crew!
Cabbage: Green, red, round, crinkly, smooth, ALL DELICIOUS! Check out our pseudo-brussels-cabbage too!
Kohlrabi: Beastly beauties. I have been cubing and roasting them and can't get enough. I don't even peel the little ones!
Micro Greens: a mix of arugula, Chard, Red Russian Kale, Mustard, Mizuna and beets
Potatoes: White, red skinned, and fingerlings!
Radishes: Loose daikon, green meat (sweet daikon), black, watermelon
Winter squash: Long pie, spaghetti, butternut
Turnips- Purple Top and a sweet white ruta-turnip (limited)
*We send this email out before harvest, and although we do our very best to make accurate predictions, crops and quantities found at market may vary.
Markets, always rain or shine!
(we begin attending on dates listed above)
Saturday: Ann Arbor and Chelsea
The Ann Arbor Market is located in the Kerrytown District at 315 Detroit St, Ann Arbor, MI. The market runs from May thru December, 7 am to 3 pm and January thru April from 8 am to 3 pm.
The Chelsea Farmers' Market is in the cafeteria of the Washington Street Education Center at 500 Washington Street in Chelsea, It runs November through March from 9 am to 1 pm.