A loving thank you from the Lake Dividers to all of our market friends:
For the first time in 8 years, we are taking a break from winter growing. As every growing season does, this year brought many challenges and as many gifts. We will curl up in the winter’s den and focus on better caring for ourselves, the earth, and our market family (you)! Don’t worry, we will make sure to leave time to celebrate, connect, and simply enjoy each other’s company.
We want to thank you so much for your continuous support this year and every year. It has come in the form of kind words spoken and written, gifts for our growing family, feeding us delicious treats, the sharing of ideas, and of course choosing our vegetables from the smorgasbord of choices at markets. Thank you will never be enough to say what is in our hearts so please hear our deep gratitude and big love for you.
Details of our break:
- You may see us turn up at market from time to time this winter. We have a lot of storage roots. Please look for our emails or facebook posts for notifications. www.lakedividefarm.com
- We plan to return to the Eastern and Royal Oak Markets in early spring (possibly as early as March) and the Ann Arbor markets in later spring. We may resume Stockbridge pick-ups in the spring as well. Please check our website for details as they emerge.
- If you want to connect with us during the winter months, please send us an email. I will try to check weekly. We may not respond quickly, but we will make every effort to respond eventually. firstname.lastname@example.org
-Helen, Jim & Wiley (Plus Exie and Boomer)
Stockbridge Farm Members and folks that are preapproved to preorder! You can preorder using this link: https://forms.gle/M736MEsN1EjGG3LfA
You can find the phone number to text/call in the order form and also in your order receipt
*Non Stockbridge members that need to pre-order for medical reasons can email for information.
Keep coming out to the market to support your local growers!
Your farmers: Helen, Jim, Shana, Tyler, Nicole and Lisa: The Lake Dividers!
Lake Divide Farm: Good for the Earth, Good for the Farmers, Good for the People. The Trifecta of sustainability. Good for the earth: Taking care of the natural world is a important, after all, it takes care of us; Good for the farmer: We believe farmers should have livable hours and livable wages; Good for the people: We believe in food equality and bringing our produce to market at an affordable price and keeping it accessible is important to us.
- Generally important notes-
- Stockbridge Folks Order here: https://forms.gle/M736MEsN1EjGG3LfA
- We will be at the Tuesday Thanksgiving markets in Detroit and Royal Oak and the Wednesday AA market! Come out and see us and possible cameos by the one and only Wiley.
- We are not going to attend winter markets this year, details above. (if we do at all, it will be sporadically). We will return in the early spring- possibly as early as March, but no later than May.
- I removed the staying active section of our email because I have not managed to update it in so long. Here is link to a newsletter with that section intact.
- Fresh From the Field
- Market Details
- CSA members- what to do if your account is low
All Manner of Deliciousness
Brussel Sprout septors!
Cabbage- Round green, sweet cone (less conical than usual), savoy and small reds
Garlic- fresh and tasty
Hot Peppers (limited)
Radish Daikon: Purple, green, white
Purple top Turnips
Parsley (limited) (possibly hyper limited)
Market Details: We are at market this week
-The Ann Arbor Farmers Market, Wednesday- We will be back soon.
-The Ann Arbor Farmers Market, Saturday with Jim: 7 am to 3 pm (or till sold out)
-Eastern Market, shed 2, Saturday with Shana 6 am to 2:30 pm
-Royal Oak, Saturday with Tyler, Nicole, and Lisa! 7 am to 1 pm
-Stockbridge, Saturday on the farm with Helen and Wiley Bear!
Preorders only please! When you get to the farm, stay in your car and shoot us a text. We will bring you your order!
If you are a CSA member and your account balance is low:
- If you want to continue on as one of our members and your balance does not cover your current order
- Order what you want
- Add money into your account either by
- Bring a check/case to market
- Mailing a check
- Letting us know you want to add to your account and we will send you an online invoice to be paid with credit card.
- If you just want to add more to your account, go for it! Use any of the methods listed above.
- If you no longer want to be a farm member
- We ask that you do not go over your balance.