Opportunity abounds! We got a chance to prep a lot of ground this week and we are looking forward to a productive week of planting next week. The story is in the pictures this week.
A note for our Eastern Market customers: Please look for Tyler and Claudia at market this week! Helen is having an on farm day!
Ways to support us through these lean times?
- Become a farm member through our CSA!
- Here is a link to information about it.
- Here is a link to the sign up sheet
- You balance will stay on the books until the end of the 2023 season.
- Come buy our vegetables at market! Make going to the farmers' market part of your weekly routine. We love to see you and we love our vegetables being part of your meals.
- Invite your friends to come to market with you or introduce them to our vegetables!
- We are still looking for help at market and possibly on the farm. If you know someone that could fit the bill, send them our way.
In this email:
- Generally important notes
- Farm Members! Accepting sign-ups for the 2023 Season. Please ask for a sign-up sheet at market or print one (here) and bring it!
- Here is link to our Social Justice page on our website. It is a list of resources to keep active in effecting positive social change.
- Fresh from the Field
- Recipe: Green Garlic Rice!
- Market Details: Royal Oak and Eastern (shed 2, 276 &274)!
Fresh From the Field-
Microgreens: Arugula, BASIL!, Broccoli, Cilantro, Mustard mix, ONION! Radish Mix, Watercress
Spinach (limited unfortunately!)
All Manner of Deliciousness
Apples (Al Mar Orchard, certified organic)
Onions: Yellow (Certified Organic from Cinzori!)
Daikon (Purple and Red from Tantre- grown with organic methods, and White from Cinzori- Certified Organic)
Watermelon radishes (Certified Organic from Cinzori!)
Purple top turnips
Recipe: Thoom ware Chawar - sindhi green garlic rice!
From: Second Recipe
Thoom ware chaawar/Saawa chawar is a delicately flavored rice which is both vegan & gluten-free.
- 1 cup rice
- ½ cup garlic chives chopped (use our green garlic!)
- 1 tsp. turmeric
- 1 tbsp. oil
- 1 tsp. cumin seeds
- Salt as per taste
- Few drops of lemon juice
- Soak rice in water for atleast 30 minutes, wash with fresh water for 3-4 times.
- Heat oil in pan, add cumin seeds , allow them to splutter
- Add green garlic and let it saute for 8-10 minutes until the garlic is cooked.
- Add turmeric,salt and rice.
- Add 2 cups of water and cook the rice in a covered vessel.
- Once cooked, add few drop of lemon juice,to prevent rice from sticking.
- Serve with dry potato curry/spinach curry
Market Details: We are at market this week
The Ann Arbor Farmers Market- Back in May
Eastern Market, Shed 2, stalls 276 and 274 (Our regular, outside spot at the center of the shed), Saturday with Tyler and Claudia! 6 am to 2:30 pm
Royal Oak, Saturday with Peter and Lisa! 7 am to 1 pm