Happy Autumnal Equinox! We can feel it in the air. Cool days with warm sun, chilly mornings and nights, and the smell of dew. The cranes are flying south. Now is a great time to see them gather in numbers! The turtles are crossing back across the roads. Watch out for them!
In this email:
- Generally important notes
- Farm Members, if you haven't checked out our new membership agreement please see a copy here. If this works for you, please send me an email saying so. If it doesn't, please let me know and we will sort it out. Thank you!
- Here is link to our Social Justice page on our website. It is a list of resources to keep active in effecting positive social change.
- Fresh from the Field
- Recipe: Napa Cabbage Salad
- Market Details
- Tales from the Farm: Taking a break from writing for now.
Fresh From the Field-
All Manner of Deliciousness
Cone Cabbage: the most tender and sweet
Onions: Red and Yellow
Peppers: Bells and Shishitos
Potatoes: Red and white
Wintersquash! Festival, acorn, and a few others. Should we call it fall squash?
Parsley (Curly and Flat Leaf!)
Purple Top Turnips
Round green cabbage
Recipe: Napa Cabbage Salad!
From: Tasting Table
The crisp crunch of cabbage makes for the perfect salad base. When you need a new side dish, look no further than this Napa cabbage salad recipe.
1 Napa cabbage
1 large carrot
1 red bell pepper
6 spring onions/scallions
4 teaspoons sesame seeds
1 tablespoon soy sauce
½ teaspoon garlic powder
1 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoons sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
Chop the veggies. Slice the cabbage into strips. Peel the carrot and use the peeler to slice it into ribbons. Dice the red pepper and spring onions.
Transfer the chopped veggies into a large salad bowl.
Make the dressing by adding the soy sauce, garlic powder, honey, sesame oil, rice vinegar, and salt and pepper to a small bowl and mixing well to combine.
Pour the dressing over the salad and sprinkle the sesame seeds on top.
Toss the salad to ensure everything is coated in the dressing.
Market Details: We are at market this week
The Ann Arbor Farmers Market, Saturday, Tyler!
Eastern Market, Shed 2, Saturday with Peter! 6 am to 2:30 pm
Royal Oak, Saturday with Jim and Lisa! 7 am to 1 pm
Tales from the Farm:
See you at market!
Helen for Jim, Tyler, Sarah, Wiley, Boomer (bark layer), and Exie (morale officer)