In this email:
- Generally important notes
- Farm Members, if you haven't checked out our new membership agreement please see a copy here. If this works for you, please send me an email saying so. If it doesn't, please let me know and we will sort it out. Thank you!
- Stockbridge Members: Look for the email from a couple weeks ago. Please email me with any questions or thoughts.
- Here is link to our Social Justice page on our website. It is a list of resources to keep active in effecting positive social change.
- Fresh from the Field
- Recipe: Tomato sandwich in a bowl.
- Market Details
- Tales from the Farm!
Fresh From the Field-
Chard- back next week
Kale- back next week
All Manner of Deliciousness
Baby Green Garlic
Eggplant- just coming in!
Snap Peas- limited
Sweet Turnips- back for a high summer flash!
Tomatoes- Just coming in!
Herbs (If we have time)
Recipe: Tomato Sandwich in a bowl!
This a great way to have tomato sandwich with out the mess. I eat mine with a spoon nowadays.
- Cherry Tomatoes quartered or slicers tomato diced
- 1 Cucumber, diced
- 2-3 thick sliced of good bread diced (1/2 inch cubes?)
- 1-2 tablespoon olive oil
- Lemon juice
- Herb- optional (basil and dill are both good choices)
- 1 tablespoon Garlic minced (optional)
- Cheese (I like blue cheese)
- Tofu (optional)
- salt and pepper
- Toss the ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Let it sit for ten minutes if you can manage to wait!
- I like it best at room temperature but it keeps in the fridge for a couple days too.
- You can add whatever you want. Peppers, onions, vinegar?
- What makes this great is that the bread soaks in the tomato juice, the cucumbers make it crunchy.
Market Details: We are at market this week
The Ann Arbor Farmers Market, Saturday with Helen and Tyler and radish aficionado Wiley! 7 am to 3 pm (or till sold out)
Eastern Market, shed 2, Saturday with Kaitlin! 6 am to 2:30 pm
Royal Oak, Saturday with Jim and Lisa! 7 am to 1 pm
We've gotta get some fall ground prepped! This is the time of year that time is of the essence! Believe it or not, the day are getting shorter and our fall crops need to soak up all of the sunny head start that they can. And between shifting Wiley care and weather whims, we've had to keep adjusting. I think we're set to hit is off though. Wish winning upon us please!
Hope to see you at market!
Helen for Jim, Tyler, Wiley, Boomer (bark layer), and Exie (morale officer)