- Big focus this week has been weeding the Fall plantings. The team has been doing a great job, but there's still lots to go.
- The tractor repair from last week is holding! Might not seem like news at first glance, but a working tractor feels more noteworthy this year than a broken tractor. Ha
- We're putting in our order today for a new 30'x96' hoophouse to expand our winter growing area. It went through numerous design changes the past few weeks, but we're ready to move on it.
- Helen built large storage bins in the newly operational walk in cooler for wintersquash, potatoes etc
- We lucked out and found a new person to work with us at the farm! We're overjoyed to have the much needed help. However, we're still looking for more help, so if you know of anyone interested please send them our way! We're still looking for workshares (for help at market or at the farm) and volunteers as well!
Reluctantly, we will no longer be attending the Dexter Market. Our Sincere thanks goes to the friends and customers who have supported us there. I know some of our Dexter customers will be catching up with us at the other markets we attend, for those that won't, THANKS FOR EVERYTHING! It was a pleasure getting to know you all!
Starting this Saturday we will be attending the Chelsea Farmers Market. They are open from 8am-1pm and can be found in the lower library lot along Park St. So, if you or someone you know is in the area, come on by for our first week in Chelsea!
TOMATO SALE CONTINUES!
- "Seconds" (less than perfect but still perfectly delicious) are $2 per pound or a full tray for $20
- 5+ pounds of tomatoes of your choice $2.50 per pound
- 10+ pounds of tomatoes of your choice $2.00 per pound
- 3 pints of Cherry Tomatoes for only $8
Fresh from the field
Salad Mix (it's a hero's comeback!)
Beets by the pound
Summer squash (limited)
Sweet Salad Turnips
Tomatoes- lots of heirlooms
Yukina Savoy! delicious new green!
*We send this email out before harvest, and although we do our very best to make accurate predictions, crops and quantities found at market may vary.
All the best!
Helen, Jim, Exie the dog, and the Lake Divide Farm Crew!
Markets, always rain or shine!
(we begin attending on dates listed above)
Wednesday: Ann Arbor
The Ann Arbor Market is located in the Kerrytown District at 315 Detroit St, Ann Arbor, MI. The market runs from May thru December from 7 am to 3 pm.
The Stockbridge Open Air Market is located on the square in downtown Stockbridge. It runs from May thru October from 4 pm to 7 pm
Saturday: Ann Arbor and Chelsea
The Ann Arbor Market is located in the Kerrytown District at 315 Detroit St, Ann Arbor, MI. The market runs from May thru December, 7 am to 3 pm and January thru April from 8 am to 3 pm.
The Chelsea Farmers' Market is located in the lower library lot along Park St. It runs May thru October from 8 am to 1 pm.
The Howell Farmers' market can be found in the heart of Howell at State st and Clinton st, adjacent to the historic Livingston County Courthouse. It runs May thru October, 9 am to 2 pm.